- 1 Taverna Finest goat’s milk cheese
- 3 tbsp tarragon, freshly chopped
- Olive oil
- Slices of baguette or other tasty bread
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. ½ lemon)
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 packs of mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 400 g green soya beans (shelled edamame beans), defrosted. You can also use freshly shelled or defrosted peas.
Green salad with crispy goat’s cheese bread
This is an easy and quick recipe for a green salad with a taste of fresh summery herbs and creamy, mild goat’s cheese. Serve it as a starter, an appetiser or as an accompaniment to a beautiful green summer menu or as a vegetarian dish.
Gently mix the goat’s cheese with the fresh tarragon, 4 tbsp of olive oil and pepper.
Toast the bread and spread with the goat’s cheese.
Split the peeled cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
Cut the cucumber into thick slices.
Whisk up the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper, then toss the cucumber, salad leaves and beans in the dressing.
Serve the salad with the crisp goat’s cheese bread, drizzling a little oil on top if desired.